[Videolib] Survey for Academic libraries

From: Bergman, Barbara J <barbara.bergman@mnsu.edu>
Date: Thu Jun 18 2009 - 11:49:40 PDT

Hi academic library folks,
I'm working on an article regarding access policies for video collections in academic libraries and need to update my data.

Click here to answer survey: http://www.zoomerang.com/Survey/?p=WEB229BWPEJQTB

I tried to keep is short and sweet. These are the questions you'll be asked:

1. Answer questions for DVD and VHS tapes that are in the regular video collection. It is assumed that all items on reserve or booked for class use have limited access.

2. How many DVDs are in the your library's video collection? (approximate total)

3. How many VHS tapes are in the your library's video collection? (approximate)

4. Who can borrow videos for use outside the library (without special permission)?

5. Who can borrow videos via ILL?

6. Who has the decision making capacity to maintain or change these policies?

7. Have you purchased streamed videos for your collection?

8. Looking into your crystal ball, what changes do you foresee for your library's video

collection in the next year or two, in regards to whom can use it and how they access it?

Please be kind and respond (within the next week would be great, but I'll keep it open until July 15, i.e., after ALA).
No slight intended to public, school, and other libraries. I'm just looking at colleges and universities for this project, since that's my area of expertise.
Thanks much!

Barb Bergman | Media Services Librarian | Minnesota State University, Mankato | (507) 389-5945 | barbara.bergman@mnsu.edu