Re: [Videolib] VHS to DVD conversion policies

From: Shoaf,Judith P <jshoaf@ufl.edu>
Date: Thu Jun 11 2009 - 09:52:01 PDT

I meant to add "I think" and defer to others, but I forgot. All the same, I do think and defer to others' more accurate comments.

My intention was to imply "if the equipment to play that item no longer exists in your facility." That is, if you have no VHS players in the library, and no intention ever to purchase one, you might be able to argue for the right to archive the tapes on DVD. But since VHS players are still to be had, it doesn't seem like a very good argument.

Judy