Re: [Videolib] op vhs title

From: <ghandman@library.berkeley.edu>
Date: Wed Jun 10 2009 - 08:46:34 PDT

Hi all

I seriously question the wisdom and academic soundness of developing a
collection development policy that mandates limiting selection to a
particular format. Content and academic/scholarly appositeness are what
should be driving collection decisions. This is a BIG bugaboo of mine...
The same peeve applies to the ways in which decisions are frequently being
made about streamed video content: the tendency to select content based on
convenience of access, rather than based on what's based to serve the
intellectual and scholarly mission of the institution.

Gary Handman

UC Berkeley

--Francois Truffaut