Re: [Videolib] op vhs title

From: Jessica Rosner <maddux2014@gmail.com>
Date: Wed Jun 10 2009 - 08:23:14 PDT

Well let's face it there are a LOT of things out on VHS that have not made
it to DVD. In this case the "preservation exception" would not work for two
  reasons.First she does not currently own the tape so she would have to go
out and deliberately buy a copy in fragile, deteriorating condition which is
kind of bizarre and
second once "preserved" on DVD , the item can not leave the library premise
so it might not help the professor who one assumes wants to use it in class.

The problem is that you just can't transfer titles because they have not
made it to DVD. Hopefully many more titles will get upgraded but in the
meantime
using them in a legal VHS copy should not be that horrific if they are that
important.