[Videolib] Question from TV librarian & 1st time ALA attendee

From: Laura Fu <lauraf@answersmediainc.com>
Date: Tue Jun 09 2009 - 07:18:10 PDT

Good morning,

First off, my apologies for the possible cross postings through listservs. I hope this email may find its way to other people of similar work and interests. I consider myself a TV/video librarian. My background, education and experience is in TV news production with a focus on TV news archives. Despite 7 years in the field, this will be my first ALA conference. I would've like to have been able to afford the SLA conference too, but with this economy, I am at least thankful that the ALA conference is so close by this year.

Does anyone have any suggestions for lectures or events to attend? As I have noticed in my schooling and networking, those with my interest are few and far between. I want to make the most out of my first conference, but there don't seem to be many relevant topics for TV, video or news librarianship. Aside from the CALA banquet on Sunday, Conference 101 and an event entitled "Film & Broadcast Librarians Disc. Group", I'm at a loss.

Any advice? Any other attendees with similar backgrounds who would like to meet up? I'm a Chicagoan who knows the area really well.

Thanks!
Laura

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
AnswersMedia