[Videolib] Library Marketing

From: <ghandman@library.berkeley.edu>
Date: Fri Jun 05 2009 - 16:56:36 PDT

It has been interesting seeing the various creative ways in which folks
are using the web and moble comm to market. The question remains: what
kind of assessment is being done re the effectiveness of doing all this
stuff...or are we simply twittering in the void. Libraries are often big
on anecdotal evidence and not so hot on more specific measures.

I do all of the facebooking, twittering, blogging, youtubing stuff, too,
but judging from google analytics and other directory counts, it appears
to me that no one really cares much or tunes in much. Groovy-tech is only
groovy if it's adding value and substance to an operation. I'm not
convinced in the least that all of this stuff is...

I'd like to hear from folks on the list who have had different
experiences, or who have different points of view.

UC Berkeley

--Francois Truffaut