Re: [Videolib] AV Marketing

From: Andrea Reed <areed@eastern.edu>
Date: Fri Jun 05 2009 - 07:55:36 PDT

I use Delicious to spread the word about new video titles. The library has
an account and any new video title gets tagged with "new_dvds". I also
placed a linkroll on the library's media page
(http://www.eastern.edu/library/resources/Media%20and%20Digital%20Resources.
html ) and using Google FeedBurner
<https://www.google.com/accounts/ServiceLogin?service=feedburner&continue=ht
tp%3A%2F%2Ffeedburner.google.com%2Ffb%2Fa%2Fmyfeeds&gsessionid=9wlvYduuZs5h4
VwWAoxODg> , patrons can subscribe to the feed in either the traditional RSS
feed format or as an email. That way, every time I add a new dvd I make sure
to bookmark it, and those subscribed to the linkroll receive an automatic
update of the new bookmarked item(s).

Andrea D. Reed

Media & Digital Librarian

Warner Memorial Library