Re: [Videolib] Publicizing AV using Web 2.0

From: Jaeschke, Myles <mjaesch@tulsalibrary.org>
Date: Thu Jun 04 2009 - 13:21:40 PDT

Hi all,

I use something a bit different here which some of my Public Library friends may know about... www.bookletters.com

It's a subscription based site and library users can then sign up to have lists of new titles dropped into their email box each time its updated, which I do once a month. I currently have 1100+ subscribers. Each month when I update the "hot" titles by the end of the day usually have 150-200 holds.

You can see my current bookletters list here
http://www.booksite.com/texis/scripts/bookletter/showlist.html?sid=5288&list=CNL17

and all of our new titles lists system wide here
http://www.tulsalibrary.org/booksandreading/newtitles.php

Our library just started twittering and a facebook page not too long ago. I like the idea of a twitter but my bookletters page really does everything I want it to do for promoting my new titles.

All the best,
Myles Jaeschke
Tulsa City-County Library System
Media Collections