Re: [Videolib] AV Marketing

From: Rosen, Rhonda J. <rrosen@lmu.edu>
Date: Thu Jun 04 2009 - 11:54:47 PDT

i can't tell you how many of our vhs, that were requested by faculty,
have never seen use. it's a total pain, and you know that the minute
you do withdraw them, someone will come out of the woodwork to
complain...

And, we also, like Susan, send a message out to the faculty selector, as
well as to the Faculty liasion to the the library letting them know
about the new purchase.
Sometimes it works, often it doesn't....often faculty want something
because they think we should have it, sometimes because they hope
someone will use it...

Whatever.
Rhonda

Rhonda Rosen| Head, Media & Access Services
Charles Von der Ahe Library | Loyola Marymount University
One LMU Drive, MS 8200 | Los Angeles, CA 90045-2659
rrosen@lmu.edu| 310/338-4584|
www.library.lmu.edu

For up-to-date news and sneak previews of the William H. Hannon Library
(opening Summer 2009), check out our New Library
Blog!www.lmu.edu/hannonblog