Re: [Videolib] AV Marketing

From: John Streepy <John.Streepy@cwu.EDU>
Date: Thu Jun 04 2009 - 10:50:18 PDT

I am glad some one asked this as i was going to explore this summer these sort of sites to "advertise" on campus our collection. It would be interesting to hear if any other schools are doing this and if there has been any success with it.
jhs

John H. Streepy
Media Services Supervisor
Library-Media Circulation
James E. Brooks Library
Central Washington University
400 East University Way
Ellensburg, WA 98926-7548

(509) 963-2861
http://www.lib.cwu.edu/media

"Hand to hand combat just goes with the territory.
All part of being a librarian" -- James Turner "Rex Libris"

Transitus profusum est nocens!

>>> "Tatar, Becky" <bltata@aurora.lib.il.us> 6/4/2009 10:23 AM >>>
Does anyone use any social networking site - from Facebook, Twitter,
blogs, etc., to promote their AV collections - with information on new
and interesting titles, discussions on film and music, or whatever? If
you do, how do you do this? What parameters do you set? Am I even
asking the right questions? This is new to me, and something I'm
thinking of trying. Thanks in advance.

Becky Tatar
Periodicals/Audiovisuals
Aurora Public Library