Re: [Videolib] LGBT film screening ideas

From: Stephanie Houghton <shoughton@wmm.com>
Date: Thu May 14 2009 - 09:26:50 PDT

Hello Kim,

I can recommend a couple of new WMM releases.

Searching 4 Sandeep
Australian director Poppy Stockell is delighted when her "research" on a
light-hearted look at lesbian Internet-dating leads to an unexpectedly
deep connection with an English woman, Sandeep Virdi. However, their
relationship is complicated by the reality that Sandeep is Sikh, lives
at home with her conservative family, and has kept her sexuality a
secret. Humorous and thoughtful, the film explores the collision of love
with ethnic, religious and sexual identity.
http://www.wmm.com/filmcatalog/pages/c733.shtml

In Sickness and In Health
A deeply affecting film by newcomer Pilar Prassas and edited by Peter
Heacock, In Sickness and In Health cuts through abstract ideologies,
politics, and legalities to the human heart of the same-sex marriage
debate in this amazing story of love, hope, and courage.
http://www.wmm.com/filmcatalog/pages/c730.shtml

Good luck with the event!

Best regards,

Stephanie Houghton

Educational Sales & Marketing Coordinator
Women Make Movies
462 Broadway Ste 500
New York, NY 10013
tel: 212.925.0606 ext 312 | fax: 212.925.2052
email: sh@wmm.com
website: www.wmm.com