Re: [Videolib] AV Marketing

From: <ghandman@library.berkeley.edu>
Date: Thu Jun 04 2009 - 10:44:23 PDT

We have a Facebook site for MRC, but no one really cares
(http://www.facebook.com/pages/Berkeley-CA/Media-Resources-Center-UC-Berkeley/23158336870?ref=ts)

We have a blog that we use for announcing new acquisitions and new
developments, but, again, judging from low traffic, no one really cares
(http://blogs.lib.berkeley.edu/mrc.php)

The MRC web site proper gets around 4 million hits a year, on the other hand

> Does anyone use any social networking site - from Facebook, Twitter,
> blogs, etc., to promote their AV collections - with information on new
> and interesting titles, discussions on film and music, or whatever? If
> you do, how do you do this? What parameters do you set? Am I even
> asking the right questions? This is new to me, and something I'm
> thinking of trying. Thanks in advance.
>

> Becky Tatar
> Periodicals/Audiovisuals
> Aurora Public Library