Re: [Videolib] print media catalogs--does anyone produce them?

From: GODIN, CHRISTINE <cgodin@mail.accd.edu>
Date: Mon Jun 01 2009 - 09:13:19 PDT

We have not as I well remember my last job where the faculty clung to
ancient editions of the media list and stubbornly refused to consider
using the catalog. I encourage the faculty here to learn to use a
keyword and the word "videorecording" or learn how to limit their search
in the catalog. Of course, most of them just find things by browsing.
This next year we are making a concerted effort to personally contact
someone in an academic department when a good title arrives. Although
some of our purchases are faculty driven, we are proactive in growing
the collection which now numbers almost 7500 items.

Christine C. Godin
Dean of Learning Resources
Adjunct Faculty, Theatre
Northwest Vista College