Re: [Videolib] Seeking your stories

From: Susan Weber <sweber@langara.bc.ca>
Date: Thu May 28 2009 - 12:24:14 PDT

Rhonda:
We have about 100- 3/4" u-matic tapes because they were used as our
duplicating masters. There is one machine still operating in our media
technician's studio.
Our goal is to transfer the 3/4" to DVD when the request comes in. Here's
the bonus: in Canada, if due diligence is done and the supplier,
producer, or
any other source for the content cannot be found, we can legally transfer to
the newer format, and continue to use the new copy with the same rights
we had with the original format.
For once, Canada comes out ahead in copyright legislation!

Susan

--
Susan Weber, Media Librarian
Langara College, Advanced Education Media