Re: [Videolib] Seeking your stories

From: Jeanne Little <jeanne.little@uni.edu>
Date: Thu May 28 2009 - 10:52:09 PDT

Rhonda,

We still have one u-matic player which is housed in our Special
Collections and University Archives area along with the tapes
themselves. We have not cataloged the titles. This collection was
transferred from another area on campus to the library about 9 years
ago. We have used the player on occasion to determine the legality and
titles for the tapes. When they were newly transferred to us, a few
faculty who had previously used certain titles would come to the Library
looking to use them again. We do not get much call for them now since
they are not in our catalog.

We had two players originally, but one became unusable, so we kept the
parts to repair the one we still had.

No decisions have been made on the longterm viability of this
collection, so we will keep the player until such decisions have been
made. I made several early attempts to locate vhs or dvd versions but
for the most part they were not available.

Jeanne Little
Collection Management & Special Services
Rod Library
University of Northern Iowa
Cedar Falls, IA 50613-3675
319-273-7255