Re: [Videolib] Seeking your stories

From: <ghandman@library.berkeley.edu>
Date: Thu May 28 2009 - 10:10:07 PDT

We have one umatic player which is on life-support. MRC has around 600
3/4" titles in storage and we have been copying them over (under
provisions of Sect 108 of the copyright law) onto DVD on an "as needed"
basis. Almost all of the 600 titles are no longer in distribution.

gary handman

> I'm curious as to whether any of you still have a u-matic player in your
> media areas. We are moving to a new library and we do still have some
> of the old umatic videos, but of course they are rarely used and
> unavailable in newer formats....anyone still use them in their areas,
> have you tossed your old u-matic tapes?
> Rhonda
>
> Rhonda Rosen| Head, Media & Access Services
> Charles Von der Ahe Library | Loyola Marymount University
> One LMU Drive, MS 8200 | Los Angeles, CA 90045-2659
> rrosen@lmu.edu| 310/338-4584|
> www.lmu.edu/library
>
> For up-to-date news and sneak previews of the William H. Hannon Library
> (opening Summer 2009), check out our New Library
> Blog!www.lmu.edu/hannonblog

UC Berkeley

--Francois Truffaut