Re: [Videolib] MP3 CD's.

From: Steph Sweeney <libraryandtech@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed May 27 2009 - 07:17:56 PDT

I just bought a book on MP3 cd (accidently) and was frustrated with it. I had to listen via my DVD player. My CD-ROM drive on my computer was broken so I couldn't upload it to my iPod and it wouldn't play in my 2001 Lancer - which is where I intended to listen to it. Steph Sweeney ________________________________ From: Winona Patterson <wpatters@harpercollege.edu> To: videolib@lists.berkeley.edu Sent: Wednesday, May 27, 2009 9:19:04 AM Subject: Re: [Videolib] MP3 CD's. Hi Danielle, Sorry for the delay (long holiday weekend), but thought I’d toss in my 2 cents. Both my husband’s 2006 Honda and my 2007 Honda are capable of playing MP3 CDs, as is my father’s 2007 (I think) Kia. Perhaps it’s just foreign-made cars, but thought I’d at least let you know that relatively newer cars do have this capability. Winona Patterson A/V Cataloger LRC Tech Services, Harper College 1200 W. Algonquin Rd., Palatine, IL 60067 Direct Line 847-925-6770 wpatters@harpercollege.edu From:videolib-bounces@lists.berkeley.edu [mailto:videolib-bounces@lists.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of Danielle Phillips Sent: Friday, May 22, 2009 10:02 AM To: videolib@lists.berkeley.edu Subject: [Videolib] MP3 CD's. My District is currently looking into purchasing audiobooks on MP3 CD. Does anyone know when most CD players/portable CD players/car CD radios had the capability to play MP3 CD's? Can you even buy a CD player without the MP3 capability? We want to know if most patrons will have the correct technology to play the MP3 Cd's. Any info. is appreciated. Thanks! -- Danielle Phillips