Re: [Videolib] videolib Digest, Vol 18, Issue 50

From: <ghandman@library.berkeley.edu>
Date: Tue May 26 2009 - 13:08:54 PDT

The Berkeley Media Center is a chihuahua free zone, I'm afraid. Got
Gosford, thanks.

gary

> Beverly Hills Chihuhau and Gosford Park
>
> Doris Van Kampen
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: videolib-bounces@lists.berkeley.edu
> [mailto:videolib-bounces@lists.berkeley.edu] On Behalf Of
> videolib-request@lists.berkeley.edu
> Sent: Tuesday, May 26, 2009 3:48 PM
> To: videolib@lists.berkeley.edu
> Subject: videolib Digest, Vol 18, Issue 50
>
> Send videolib mailing list submissions to
> videolib@lists.berkeley.edu
>
> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
>
> https://calmail.berkeley.edu/manage/list/listinfo/videolib@lists.berkeley.ed
> u
>
> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
> videolib-request@lists.berkeley.edu
>
> You can reach the person managing the list at
> videolib-owner@lists.berkeley.edu
>
> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
> than "Re: Contents of videolib digest..."
>
>
> Today's Topics:
>
> 1. Social class in the movies (ghandman@library.berkeley.edu)
> 2. Re: Need your help: yet another MRC videography (Alex Williams)
> 3. Re: Need your help: yet another MRC videography
> (Danette Pachtner)
>
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Message: 1
> Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 12:22:52 -0700 (PDT)
> From: ghandman@library.berkeley.edu
> Subject: [Videolib] Social class in the movies
> To: videolib@lists.berkeley.edu
> Message-ID:
> <3987.128.32.113.200.1243365772.squirrel@calmail.berkeley.edu>
> Content-Type: text/plain;charset=iso-8859-1
>
> OK: here's a first shot:
> http://www.lib.berkeley.edu/MRC/socialclass.html
>
> Thanks to everyone for very groovy suggestions. As with all MRC
> videographies, this one only includes stuff in the collection.
>
> If you have more thoughts, send them on along...
>
> gary
>
>
> Gary Handman
> Director
> Media Resources Center
> Moffitt Library
> UC Berkeley
>
> 510-643-8566
> ghandman@library.berkeley.edu
> http://www.lib.berkeley.edu/MRC
>
> "I have always preferred the reflection of life to life itself."
> --Francois Truffaut
>
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 2
> Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 12:11:10 -0700
> From: Alex Williams <alex@typecastfilms.com>
> Subject: Re: [Videolib] Need your help: yet another MRC videography
> To: Gary Handman [forum] <videolib@lists.berkeley.edu>
> Message-ID: <RTI4U0pFWiNXRThFPlFZMTI4MzI0Njg@Alex>
> Content-Type: text/plain
>
> here are a few more that came to mind:
>
> Titanic [1997] (sorry.)
> Bullets Over Broadway [1994]
> The Roman Spring of Mrs. Stone [1961]
> Where Angels Fear to Tread [1991]
> Maurice [1987]
> A Passage to India [1984]
>
> ..and several of Joan Crawford's films of the '30s and '40s would seem to
> fit the bill:
>
> Possessed [1931]
> Rain [1932]
> The Bride Wore Red [1937]
> Mannequin [1938]
> The Shining Hour [1938]
> Mildred Pierce [1945]
> Flamingo Road [1949]
>
> Alex
>
>
> ---------- Original Message ----------
>
> FROM: <ghandman@library.berkeley.edu>
> TO: <videolib@lists.berkeley.edu>
> CC:
> DATE: Tue, 26 May 2009 09:30:24 -0700
>
> SUBJECT: [Videolib] Need your help: yet another MRC videography
>
> Hi group:
>
> Here's a Tuesday morning cine-trivia question for you all: I'm putting
> together a videography of movies that involve social class. I already
> have a labor movies vid, so what I'm looking for are films in which the
> conflict, or relationship between social classes is a predominant plot
> point. Here's what I have so far:
>
> Alice Adams
> All that Heaven Allows
> Ball of Fire
> Born Yesterday
> Boudu Saved From Drowning
> The Breakfast Club
> Down and Out in Beverly Hills
> My Fair Lady
> My Man Godfrey
> A Place in the Sun
> Pretty in Pink
> Pretty Woman
> Pygmalion
> Ruggles of Red Gap
> Rules of the Game
> Stella Dallas
>
> What am I missing????
>
> Gary
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Gary Handman
> Director
> Media Resources Center
> Moffitt Library
> UC Berkeley
>
> 510-643-8566
> ghandman@library.berkeley.edu
> http://www.lib.berkeley.edu/MRC
>
> "I have always preferred the reflection of life to life itself."
> --Francois Truffaut
>
>
> VIDEOLIB is intended to encourage the broad and lively discussion of
> issues
> relating to the selection, evaluation, acquisition,bibliographic control,
> preservation, and use of current and evolving video formats in libraries
> and
> related institutions. It is hoped that the list will serve as an effective
> working tool for video librarians, as well as a channel of communication
> between libraries,educational institutions, and video producers and
> distributors.
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 3
> Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 15:25:20 -0400
> From: Danette Pachtner <danette_pachtner@notes.duke.edu>
> Subject: Re: [Videolib] Need your help: yet another MRC videography
> To: videolib@lists.berkeley.edu
> Message-ID:
>
> <OFE2EF82E2.A59037B5-ON852575C2.006A9599-852575C2.006AB0DD@notes.duke.edu>
>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
>
> Has anyone listed Sabrina yet?
> --Danette
>
> ________________________________________________
>
> Danette Pachtner
> Duke University
> Lilly Library
> Film & Video Librarian
> Box 90725/Durham, NC/27708-0725
> Phone: 919-660-5886
> danette.p@duke.edu
>
>
>
> ghandman@library.berkeley.edu
> Sent by: videolib-bounces@lists.berkeley.edu
> 05/26/2009 12:43 PM
> Please respond to
> videolib@lists.berkeley.edu
>
>
> To
> videolib@lists.berkeley.edu
> cc
>
> Subject
> [Videolib] Need your help: yet another MRC videography
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Hi group:
>
> Here's a Tuesday morning cine-trivia question for you all: I'm putting
> together a videography of movies that involve social class. I already
> have a labor movies vid, so what I'm looking for are films in which the
> conflict, or relationship between social classes is a predominant plot
> point. Here's what I have so far:
>
> Alice Adams
> All that Heaven Allows
> Ball of Fire
> Born Yesterday
> Boudu Saved From Drowning
> The Breakfast Club
> Down and Out in Beverly Hills
> My Fair Lady
> My Man Godfrey
> A Place in the Sun
> Pretty in Pink
> Pretty Woman
> Pygmalion
> Ruggles of Red Gap
> Rules of the Game
> Stella Dallas
>
> What am I missing????
>
> Gary
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Gary Handman
> Director
> Media Resources Center
> Moffitt Library
> UC Berkeley
>
> 510-643-8566
> ghandman@library.berkeley.edu
> http://www.lib.berkeley.edu/MRC
>
> "I have always preferred the reflection of life to life itself."
> --Francois Truffaut
>
>
> VIDEOLIB is intended to encourage the broad and lively discussion of
> issues relating to the selection, evaluation, acquisition,bibliographic
> control, preservation, and use of current and evolving video formats in
> libraries and related institutions. It is hoped that the list will serve
> as an effective working tool for video librarians, as well as a channel of
> communication between libraries,educational institutions, and video
> producers and distributors.
>
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment scrubbed and removed.
> HTML attachments are only available in MIME digests.
>
> End of videolib Digest, Vol 18, Issue 50
> ****************************************
>
>
> VIDEOLIB is intended to encourage the broad and lively discussion of
> issues relating to the selection, evaluation, acquisition,bibliographic
> control, preservation, and use of current and evolving video formats in
> libraries and related institutions. It is hoped that the list will serve
> as an effective working tool for video librarians, as well as a channel of
> communication between libraries,educational institutions, and video
> producers and distributors.
>

Gary Handman
Director
Media Resources Center
Moffitt Library
UC Berkeley

510-643-8566
ghandman@library.berkeley.edu
http://www.lib.berkeley.edu/MRC

"I have always preferred the reflection of life to life itself."
--Francois Truffaut

VIDEOLIB is intended to encourage the broad and lively discussion of issues relating to the selection, evaluation, acquisition,bibliographic control, preservation, and use of current and evolving video formats in libraries and related institutions. It is hoped that the list will serve as an effective working tool for video librarians, as well as a channel of communication between libraries,educational institutions, and video producers and distributors.
Received on Tue May 26 13:09:04 2009

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.8 : Tue Oct 20 2009 - 15:10:53 PDT