Re: [Videolib] Need your help: yet another MRC videography

From: <ghandman@library.berkeley.edu>
Date: Tue May 26 2009 - 10:03:38 PDT

Yeah...I agree that it's sort of an artificial hook, but then again, there
are films (like Alice Adams and other 1930s titles)in which race and
gender don't really play as large a role as the whole social mobility,
class issue (OK, I guess gender is a big factor in Alice, but what the
hell...)

> The social class issue is kind of subordinate to the race issue, but what
> about An Imitation of Life, either soapy, miserable version?
>

> Mike Tribby
> Senior Cataloger
> Quality Books Inc.
> The Best of America's Independent Presses
>
> mailto:mike.tribby@quality-books.com

> producers and distributors.

UC Berkeley

--Francois Truffaut