Re: [Videolib] women in jazz

From: James Taylor <jat808@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon May 18 2009 - 12:18:53 PDT

New York based V.I.E.W. Video is a 30 year-old company that has released an assortment of Jazz programs on DVD.

Our top-selling music documentary "The Ladies Sing The Blues" takes a look, in detail, at the lives and works of some of the most iconic female Jazz singers - Billie Holiday, Bessie Smith, Dinah Washington, Sarah Vaughan, Lena Horne, and many others! http://www.view.com/theladiessingthebluesdvd.aspx

Other titles exploring the work of women in Jazz, including live concert performances, are:

"Nancy Wilson at Carnegie Hall"

http://www.view.com/nancywilsonatcarnegiehalldvd.aspx

"Alberta Hunter: My Castle's Rockin'"

http://www.view.com/albertahuntermycastlesrockindvd.aspx

"Dianne Reeves: The Early Years"

http://www.view.com/diannereevestheearlyyears.aspx

"Dorothy Donegan: Pandemonium"

http://www.view.com/dorothydoneganpandemonium.aspx

"Tanya Maria: The Beat of Brazil"

http://www.view.com/tanyamariathebeatofbrazil.aspx

"Linda Hopkins: Deep In The Night"

http://www.view.com/lindahopkinsdeepinthenight.aspx

Also, coming to DVD in June 2009 is "Freda Payne: High Standards", and coming in July 2009 is "The Toshiko Akiyoshi Jazz Orchestra: Strive For Jive"

Best,

Jim Taylor

V.I.E.W. Video / Arkadia Entertainment

34 E 23rd St.