Re: [Videolib] women in jazz

From: James Taylor <>
Date: Mon May 18 2009 - 12:18:53 PDT

New York based V.I.E.W. Video is a 30 year-old company that has released an assortment of Jazz programs on DVD.

Our top-selling music documentary "The Ladies Sing The Blues" takes a look, in detail, at the lives and works of some of the most iconic female Jazz singers - Billie Holiday, Bessie Smith, Dinah Washington, Sarah Vaughan, Lena Horne, and many others!

Other titles exploring the work of women in Jazz, including live concert performances, are:

"Nancy Wilson at Carnegie Hall"

"Alberta Hunter: My Castle's Rockin'"

"Dianne Reeves: The Early Years"

"Dorothy Donegan: Pandemonium"

"Tanya Maria: The Beat of Brazil"

"Linda Hopkins: Deep In The Night"

Also, coming to DVD in June 2009 is "Freda Payne: High Standards", and coming in July 2009 is "The Toshiko Akiyoshi Jazz Orchestra: Strive For Jive"

Jim Taylor

V.I.E.W. Video / Arkadia Entertainment

34 E 23rd St.

New York NY 10010

(p) 212-674-5550

(f) 212-979-0266

Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 13:55:54 -0400
Subject: [Videolib] women in jazz

I am looking to enrich our collection with DVDs on women in jazz. Please send me your recommendations. I need at least one on Betty Carter.

All the best,

Debra H. Mandel,
Head, Digital Media Design Studio
Northeastern University Libraries
360 Huntington Ave.
200 SL
Boston, MA 02115
617-373-4902, 617-373-5409-FAX
HotmailŪ has a new way to see what's up with your friends.