Re: [Videolib] women in jazz

From: Dina Robinson <DR@newsreel.org>
Date: Mon May 18 2009 - 11:27:59 PDT

We have a film entitled "Wild Women Don't Have the Blues"
http://www.newsreel.org/nav/title.asp?tc=CN0106

Wild Women Don't Have the Blues shows how the blues were born out of the
economic and social transformation of African American life early in
this century. It recaptures the lives and times of Ma Rainey, Bessie
Smith, Ida Cox, Alberta Hunter, Ethel Waters and the other legendary
women who made the blues a vital part of American culture. The film
brings together for the first time dozens of rare, classic renditions of
the early blues.

Dina Robinson
California Newsreel
500 Third Street, #505
San Francisco, CA 94107
Phone: 415.284.7800 x301
Fax: 415.284.7801
dr@newsreel.org
http://www.newsreel.org
http://www.myspace.com/californianewsreel
California Newsreel is the oldest non-profit, social issue documentary
film distribution center in the country and a leading resource for the
advancement of racial and social justice. Visit our website at:
www.newsreel.org and sign up for our e-newsletter at:
http://www.newsreel.org/nav/emaillist.asp