Re: [Videolib] LGBT film screening ideas

From: Kim Crowley <kcrowley@flathead.mt.gov>
Date: Thu May 14 2009 - 11:01:04 PDT

Thanks for all the great titles! I appreciat all your help.

While we're on the topic, I want to call your attention to an incredible film that is still on festival circuit, Prodigal Sons. See http://www.prodigalsonsfilm.com/ for details.

I initially saw it at last year's Telluride Film Festival and it had more buzz than any other film (and Slumdog premiered there!). I saw it next at the Big Sky Doc Festival in Missoula, and most recently we brought Kim Reed, the filmmaker, and the film to our MT Library Assoc conference here in Kalispell. (She grew up in Helena, so her family is just down the road.) "I can't get that film out of my head" seems to be the most common response. It's won audience awards from Greece to California and she is taking it to the more specifically LGBT festivals starting this summer. If you have a chance, go see it.

When Kim was here she also asked for help in educational packaging--what would institutions like to see with the film, etc. All three times I've seen it, Kim has been there with members of her family doing a Q & A afterwards, which has been wonderful.

Thanks again for all the help! (Hopefully my little commercial wasn't too far off-list.)
kc

Kim Crowley, Director
Flathead County Library System phone: 406.758.5826
247 First Avenue East fax: 406.758.5868
Kalispell, MT. 59901-4598
kcrowley@flathead.mt.gov<mailto:kcrowley@flathead.mt.gov>

read our blog @ http://flatheadcountylibrary.blogspot.com/