[Videolib] VRT Gala Sunday July 12 at Gene Siskel

From: Konkel, Mary <Konkel@cod.edu>
Date: Thu May 14 2009 - 08:56:53 PDT

Haven't registered for the Video Round Table Gala on July 12 (6:30-9:30)
at the Gene Siskel Theater in Chicago?

Join VRT and fellow film and media aficionados for a delightful evening
at the Gene Siskel Film Center located in downtown Chicago at 164 North
State Street (State & Lake), across the street from the Chicago Theater
and within walking distance from several conference hotels. In
addition, there will be light sandwiches/appetizers/desserts (including
Eli's Cheesecake), a cash bar, and door prizes. There is of course, the
added benefit of eating, drinking, and being merry with a great group of
people.

AMERICAN MASTERS is an ongoing series of award-winning specials
examining the lives, works, and creative processes of our most
outstanding cultural artists. Without art we would, as a society, lack a
soul and a voice. AMERICAN MASTERS exists to give life to that voice.
Directors from the series will share their work and provide insight into
the art of filmmaking as biography. A recently produced film on Louisa
May Alcott and a work-in-progress on Helen Keller will be showcased.
Speakers: Nancy Porter, producer/director and Harriet Reisen,
producer/writer of AMERICAN MASTERS Louisa May Alcott: The Woman behind
Little Women and Laurie Block, director/co-writer of AMERICAN MASTERS
Becoming Helen Keller, a co-production with WETA Washington, D.C.

I am getting ready to plan for catering and would love to count you in
those numbers.
Here's the link for more information and tickets for this event:
http://ala.org/ala/mgrps/rts/vrt/vrtconferenceinfo/vrtgala2009.pdf
<http://ala.org/ala/mgrps/rts/vrt/vrtconferenceinfo/vrtgala2009.pdf>

For more information about VRT conference events, visit our Webpage at:
http://www.ala.org/ala/mgrps/rts/vrt/vrtconferenceinfo/currentconference
.cfm
<http://www.ala.org/ala/mgrps/rts/vrt/vrtconferenceinfo/currentconferenc
e.cfm>

So bring a colleague, bring a friend, bring a spouse..... but do BRING
IT!

===================================
Mary S. Konkel
Associate Professor
Head of Technical Services
College of DuPage
Library SRC 3038A
425 Fawell Blvd.
Glen Ellyn, IL 60137-6599
Voice: 630/942-2662
Fax: 630/858-8757
Email: konkel@cod.edu <blocked::mailto:konkel@cod.edu>
Library website: www.cod.edu/library

 "Do not pursue the past. Do not lose yourself in the future. The past
no longer is. The future has not yet come. Looking deeply at life as it
is in the very here and now, the practitioner dwells in stability and
freedom"-- Our Appointment With Life: Discourse on Living Happily in the
Present Moment / Thich Nhat Hanh
P please print only if needed