Re: [Videolib] LGBT film screening ideas

From: <ben@zeitgeistfilms.com>
Date: Wed May 13 2009 - 16:37:51 PDT

Have you heard of The Art of Being Straight? It's a new film by Jesse Rosen and it just got picked up for distribution by Regent Releasing and Here Media. It's really good, you should at least check it out, although I'm not sure where it's at in the festival run. ***** Benjamin Crossley-Marra Director of Non-Theatrical Distribution ben@zeitgeistfilms.com 247 Centre St Fl 2 New York, NY 10013 212.274.1989 ***Do NOT ship prints to the office. Contact for instructions*** -----Original Message----- From: "Kim Crowley" <kcrowley@flathead.mt.gov> Sent: Wednesday, May 13, 2009 6:34pm To: "videolib@lists.berkeley.edu" <videolib@lists.berkeley.edu> Subject: [Videolib] LGBT film screening ideas Hi all, The Montana Pride Fest will be held here in Kalispell this year, in late June. Flathead County happens to be a very conservative portion of our state and I'm thrilled that Kalispell was chosen for this event. I'd like to screen a few films in the week leading up to the event. I was thinking along the lines of "The Times of Harvey Milk" (but how in the world would I get PPR?) or "Milk". Also, "Tying the Knot" came to mind. Something light and fun would be good too. I would welcome suggestions for films that might screen well here that are related to Pride Weekend. I'm not sure I even have time to pull this off, but I'd like your suggestions anyway. Thanks, kc Kim Crowley, Director Flathead County Library System phone: 406.758.5826 247 First Avenue East fax: 406.758.5868 Kalispell, MT. 59901-4598 kcrowley@flathead.mt.gov<mailto:kcrowley@flathead.mt.gov> read our blog @ http://flatheadcountylibrary.blogspot.com/ VIDEOLIB is intended to encourage the broad and lively discussion of issues relating to the selection, evaluation, acquisition,bibliographic control, preservation, and use of current and evolving video formats in libraries and related institutions. It is hoped that the list will serve as an effective working tool for video librarians, as well as a channel of communication between libraries,educational institutions, and video producers and distributors.