Re: [Videolib] LGBT film screening ideas

From: Alex Williams <alex@typecastfilms.com>
Date: Wed May 13 2009 - 16:10:27 PDT

Hi Kim,

I drove through Kelispell a few years ago on a Montana road trip, it's a neat little town. That's great that the pride fest will be held there this year!
A new documentary called OUTRAGE opens here in Seattle this weekend (from Magnolia Pictures); looks interesting, it might play well there. see details here, w/ link to film's official site:
http://www.landmarktheatres.com/Films/films_frameset.asp?id=77639

Also, WERE THE WORLD MINE is a recent silly, fun musical that would play well w/ audiences there. IMDB details here:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0476991/
Looks like DVD rights are available from Wolfe: http://www.wolfevideo.com/

The Seattle International Film Festival opens in a week and they've got quite a few new lesbian/gay-themed films that you might be able to get for pre-Pride Fest screenings at your library. See the list here: http://www.siff.net/festival/film/results.aspx?GID=18&FID=123

Good Luck!

Alex
Alex O. Williams
Festival Bookings & Institutional Sales

AFD / Typecast Films
Seattle, WA . USA
ph: 206.322.0882 x.202 | fx: 206.322.4586

arabfilm.com | typecastfilms.com