Re: [Videolib] LGBT film screening ideas

From: <d.mandel@neu.edu>
Date: Wed May 13 2009 - 16:06:45 PDT

Boston's Museum of Fine Arts has an annual festival. Here is a link to
this year's.

http://www.mfa.org/calendar/sub.asp?key=12&subkey=51

Debra

Debra H. Mandel,
Head, Digital Media Design Studio
Northeastern University Libraries
360 Huntington Ave.
200 SL
Boston, MA 02115
d.mandel@neu.edu
617-373-4902, 617-373-5409-FAX

      To&nbsp;&nbsp; "videolib@lists.berkeley.edu"
<videolib@lists.berkeley.edu>
      cc&nbsp;&nbsp;
      bcc&nbsp;&nbsp;
      Subject&nbsp;&nbsp; [Videolib] LGBT film screening ideas
Kim Crowley <kcrowley@flathead.mt.gov>
Sent by: videolib-bounces@lists.berkeley.edu
05/13/2009 06:47 PM
<HR><font size=-1>Please respond to
videolib@lists.berkeley.edu</font><HR> <font size=-1></font>.

Hi all,

The Montana Pride Fest will be held here in Kalispell this year, in late
June. Flathead County happens to be a very conservative portion of our
state and I'm thrilled that Kalispell was chosen for this event. I'd like
to screen a few films in the week leading up to the event. I was thinking
along the lines of "The Times of Harvey Milk" (but how in the world would I
get PPR?) or "Milk". Also, "Tying the Knot" came to mind. Something light
and fun would be good too.

I would welcome suggestions for films that might screen well here that are
related to Pride Weekend. I'm not sure I even have time to pull this off,
but I'd like your suggestions anyway.
Thanks,
kc

Kim Crowley, Director
Flathead County Library System phone: 406.758.5826
247 First Avenue East fax: 406.758.5868
Kalispell, MT. 59901-4598
kcrowley@flathead.mt.gov<mailto:kcrowley@flathead.mt.gov>

read our blog @ http://flatheadcountylibrary.blogspot.com/

preservation, and use of current and evolving video formats in libraries
and related institutions. It is hoped that the list will serve as an
effective working tool for video librarians, as well as a channel of
communication between libraries,educational institutions, and video
producers and distributors.