Re: [Videolib] ShareStream

From: <ghandman@library.berkeley.edu>
Date: Thu Apr 30 2009 - 08:50:32 PDT

uh, yeah, Judy, I guess you're right, theoretically. But...students
"pirating" lectures? Really, now...

And more to the point, Who the hell cares...

Most universities that I know of that are putting up lectures and events
are putting the stuff up openly. If it's secure local content that's the
issue, sticking it in BlackBoard is usually good enough.

No...these ShareStream folks are being more than coy. What they're
obviously pitching is putting up copyrighted content and calling it
cool...

gary

UC Berkeley

--Francois Truffaut