Re: [Videolib] ShareStream

From: Dennis Doros <milefilms@gmail.com>
Date: Thu Apr 30 2009 - 07:56:08 PDT

> " Recognizing that universitiesí distribution of digital media was
> significantly impeded by
> concerns for piracy..."

...so we've created a technology that hasn't been hacked yet and a P.T.
Barnum marketing scheme so you can pirate it yourself! Be the first on your
block!

Let's face it, Princeton (yes, we can name the school because it was already
named a couple weeks ago) is basing their miss-use of media on the fact that
no one's sued a college before for this specific infringement (format
change) and the odds are low that one actually will AND will get a big
judgement out of it.

I swear to god, we'll have another distributor fall this year and there will
be more tears shed, and some (and I said some, not even most) institutions
will keep justifying their misuse of copyrighted material because it's
either "fair use" or "the Teach Act allows us to... we think," or because
"it's okay to steal because no one else can steal it from our theft."

Gary (and friends on the listserv), I know you bring this up because you
find this a questionable concept. I acquiring a film today that used to be
with New Yorker so I'm a little nostalgic, and along with that, I'm just
depressed about the public's response to copyright and the internet.

--
Best,
Dennis Doros