[Videolib] ShareStream

From: <ghandman@library.berkeley.edu>
Date: Wed Apr 29 2009 - 18:35:11 PDT

hi all

I'm on the ref desk tonite and bored and so I'll bug all of you.

For those of you playing ball with Sharestream, I have questions. Sounds
like they're putting forward the pitch that serving copyrighted content on
their platform is ok because of the "robust" security/DRM they can
provide:

"ShareStream's technology also offers universities a platform that affords
legal, piracy-protected handling of copyrighted content. Recognizing that
universities’ distribution of digital media was significantly impeded by
concerns for piracy of content as well as by issues of compliance with the
legal framework surrounding digital distribution of content for
educational purposes, namely the Teach Act and Fair."

Uh...am I reading this incorrectly?

gary

UC Berkeley

--Francois Truffaut