Re: [Videolib] Warner Archive

From: Alex Williams <alex@typecastfilms.com>
Date: Mon Apr 27 2009 - 10:50:06 PDT

thanks for sharing that terrific article, Deg. That's interesting about Margaret Sullavan. Just the other day a friend and I were discussing old film stars from the '30s and '40s who are slipping into further obscurity with each new generation Norma Shearer, Robert Taylor, Mary Pickford, Douglas Fairbanks, Jr., etc. Hopefully the Warner Archive will bring some of these movie stars to a new audience, since fans will be able to share them with kids, friends, grandkids, etc.

It's true the DVD-Rs have no frills, but the picture and sound are quite a bit better than VHS, at least on the few I've seen so far. (Purchased legal copies, of course. :-)

Alex
Alex O. Williams
Institutional Sales

AFD / Typecast Films
Seattle, WA . USA
ph: 206.322.0882 x.202 | fx: 206.322.4586

arabfilm.com | typecastfilms.com