Re: [Videolib] More on Pirate Bay & copyright

From: Mark Kopp <mkopp@iu08.org>
Date: Wed Apr 22 2009 - 09:23:09 PDT

Jessica, sometimes it appears that you just wish to argue...

Who the hell compared Google to thieves??? You object to the idea that
Pirate Bay was just like Google. Did you, or did you not, access the
Pirate Bay website? The website, itself, is Google-like (they even have
the same buttons). It is a quantified search engine. WHAT are you
objecting to? No one compared Google to thieves. I simply stated the
FACT that there isn't any information on Pirate Bay that you couldn't
glean from the Internet through Google. All Pirate Bay did was organize
it. And once again, my concern is the neutrality of the Internet. And
ONCE AGAIN, my point is that I don't want some agendized beaurocrat
determining the results of my Internet searches. Pirate Bay might have
questionable ethics and I'm not taking sides, but it isn't any different
than something like pricegrabber.com, whereby they culled the results of
specific searches around the net and organized them in to one location.
Even with Pirate Bay convicted, the SOURCES of their links are still
available!!!

With each conviction, the slippery slope gets steeper and steeper, and
the teeth at the bottom of the slope are hungry beaurocrats who will
determine what information you and I are allowed to view. Are there
things on the Internet that I feel shouldn't be there? YUP! TONS of
crap!!! But who determines what is crap and what is not?

Mark

Mark W. Kopp

Technology Assistant

IT Department