Re: [Videolib] Video Streaming Advice

From: Jeanne Little <jeanne.little@uni.edu>
Date: Wed Apr 22 2009 - 07:46:23 PDT
Dennis,

Thanks for asking!

As to a fair price, whatever you set it at, please try for 'in perpetuity' as much as possible. Our library's budget is not such that we can repay costs every 1-3 years for something we already purchased.

Jeanne Little

Dennis Doros wrote:
Just a quick question and I don't really mean to be mean or a pain in the ass. Has there been any cases where the quality of streaming ever comes into play? I understand that docs of talking heads really makes not much of a difference but I couldn't see teaching Days of Heaven this way.

And while we're at it, what's a fair price to you librarians for streaming rights beyond institutional purchase prices? It's something we could easily offer but just don't yet. (I'm still working with 35mm prints for god's sake...)

Dennis