Re: [Videolib] Video Streaming Advice

From: Peter Cohn <pccohn@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue Apr 21 2009 - 18:14:53 PDT

Given the discussion of formats and the difficulties of digitizing
media, I hope librarians will consider the advantage of
streaming titles (in Flash) from a remote server. My vested interest in
this is that I'm a film maker with
New Day Digital (www.newdaydigital.com), which offers 70 social issue
documentaries as Flash streams.
We're currently putting an emphasis on customized plans, where
librarians can select single titles, or
complete packages, for streaming.

Your users can access the films via your library web site or via
Blackboard. We're trying to keep the costs down,
and have even moved closer to the concept of "perpetual" licenses
(/caveat emptor/: we still charge a small annual
fee for maintenance, bandwidth, etc.).

Peter Cohn
New Day Digital