[Videolib] Video Streaming Advice

From: Karen Tschanz <KTSCHANZ@mail.mcg.edu>
Date: Tue Apr 21 2009 - 10:33:50 PDT

Dear folks:

We are new to working with videos in relation to our website.

Recently we acquired video on DVD (video streaming edition). We are being told by our institutional IT people that the video cannot be made available for access by our Library users through a website without being converted to Flash for a Flash server environment. We are being urged to purchase our videos in Flash format.

We are trying to sort out whether Flash is commonly available as a purchased video format - our feeling is that it is not. Also we are wondering if it is really necessary to convert to Flash, or whether this is more an expression of ITs interest in moving campus video into a Flash server environment.)

We would most appreciate your advice or referrals to other source that could advise us on this.

Please contact me offline (see below). If the list expresses interest, I will summarize replies to the list. Thanks in advance for your help! kst

Karen S. Tschanz, M.L.S., M.B.A., M.S.O.D.
Asst. Prof./Chair, Content Management
Robert B. Greenblatt, M.D., Library, AB-241
Medical College of Georgia
1451 Laney-Walker Boulevard
Augusta, GA 30912
Phone: (706) 721-9912