Re: [Videolib] NEWS ...jailed for breaking copyright

From: Rick Faaberg <rfaaberg@comcast.net>
Date: Fri Apr 17 2009 - 23:01:09 PDT

On 4/17/09 9:10 PM "Jessica Rosner" <maddux2014@gmail.com> sent this out:

> I think what has me, Dennis and others of upset is not what  the correct legal
> statute under which such  an operation would be charged with if it operated in
> the US but why a librarian who presumably wants to protect the rights of
> authors, filmmakers, artists etc would find such a site appealing and
> admirable ?

I don't think admiralty has much relevance to this. :-) Joke! :-)

I've used bitorrent to DL music that I've heard on a TV show or radio so I
can decide whether to buy. If I don't like the music and won't buy it then I
just trash it, or if I like it I buy it from Best Buy or iTunes.

Is that wrong?

Rick