Re: [Videolib] Headphone recommendations

From: Delin, Peter <delin@zlb.de>
Date: Fri Apr 17 2009 - 10:55:35 PDT

Dear Michael,

we just have chosen a new headphones for our viewing places:
AKG K 271 MK II
http://www.akg.com/site/products/powerslave,id,1064,pid,1064,nodeid,2,_language,EN,country,ENUS.html

pros:
- good sound quality
- good durability
- acoustic impedance 55 ohms (good for pc)
- closed-back (circumaural, good for use in the open public)
- one sided cable and no spiral cable, so no muddle with the cable
- all parts can be interchanged, especially the leatherette earpads
regularly!
- turns sound off automatically when taken off (good for use in a silent
reading hall)

cons:
- expensive

In our library the headphones are not checked out but are fixed at the
viewing places. When people insert the headphones by themselves the
phone jacks at our pcs where damaged too often.

kind regards
Peter

Zentral- und Landesbibliothek Berlin
Videolektorat