Re: [Videolib] Conference question from a new Media Librarian

From: Elizabeth Sheldon <elizabeth@lorberhtdigital.com>
Date: Fri Apr 17 2009 - 09:26:03 PDT
I'll chime in here and ask the same question as Peter from a different perspective: As a new distribution company to the educational market who distributes documentary and feature films with public performance rights, which market would you recommend? I am looking  to build relationships with  AV librarians and to (hopefully) build relationships that lead to screenings of our films at libraries and the inclusion of our titles in library collections. We too are on a restricted budget...

Elizabeth Sheldon
Vice President
Lorber HT Digital
56 W. 45th St, Suite 805
New York, NY 10036
(212) 398-3112
www.alivemindeducation.com
www.lorberhtdigital.com

Cartford, Peter, JCL wrote:
My non-definitive answer:

Media Market first if your priority is to start building relationships with the companies/producers whose materials you'll be purchasing and using in your collection.

ALA first if your priority is to become familiar with the broad lay of libraryland and work your way into ALA-related activities like the Video Round Table.

Either way you'll get to meet some of the great people who post to this list.

Peter Cartford
AV Librarian
Johnson County Library
9875 W. 87th St.