[Videolib] Conference question from a new Media Librarian

From: Bahr, Philip <pbahr@fairfield.edu>
Date: Fri Apr 17 2009 - 07:53:02 PDT

I have a question for the experienced conference attendees out there. I
am a relatively new employee (less than a year) fresh out of grad
school. Originally I was told I could attend several conferences my
first year on the job. But of course because of the financial crisis,
that has been narrowed down to one.

My question is, as a Media Librarian which conference would be better?
ALA Annual in July or New Media Market in September? I know the correct
answer is both, but the funds are just not available.

Looking forward to your input,

Philip

Philip Bahr
Reference & Media Librarian