Re: [Videolib] Fox DVD situation

From: Sabra Stockey <sabra@monroe.lib.in.us>
Date: Wed Apr 15 2009 - 08:27:11 PDT

I'm not sure that libraries are going to be able to purchase the retail
version of DVDs from B&T. See the email below from Kate Krisjanis,
Collection Development Supervisor, Midwest Tapes.

Sabra Stockey

Monroe County Public Library

303 East Kirkwood Avenue

Bloomington, Indiana 47408

Hi Sabra,

Thanks for your comments. I did want to clarify one point. Fox has
stated that they will be policing vendors that sell to both libraries
and retail stores such as B&T and Ingram. They claim to know the
percentage of library/rental store sales and will be policing to ensure
that these vendors buy the rental editions in appropriate quantities.
Ultimately it is our position that rather than hurting Midwest Tape,
this policy directly hurts libraries.

Thanks for your support,

Kate Krisjanis

  Kate M. Krisjanis