Re: [Videolib] Fox DVD situation

From: Dennis Doros <milefilms@gmail.com>
Date: Tue Apr 14 2009 - 15:31:41 PDT

Actually, I feel REALLY sorry for Midwest Tapes according to the reaction on
Videolib. They're the ones taking the fall for Fox. Libraries will buy
elsewhere and Fox will still make their profit.
This whole thing, by the way, could stem from Netflix's policy where they
usually only buy the first DVD of a deluxe edition and leave off the bonus
features discs for their customers. The studios' thinking is probably that
if it works fine at Netflix, this way, people who want the bonus features
will have to buy the DVD rather than take it out of the library. Of course,
bonus features might be a vanishing breed anyway. (This said from the person
who's spent a full year producing bonus features for just one release.)

Dennis
Milestone Film & Video

--
Best,