Re: [Videolib] Fox DVD situation

From: Jaeschke, Myles <mjaesch@tulsalibrary.org>
Date: Tue Apr 14 2009 - 14:20:39 PDT

It's my understanding the Baker & Taylor "might" sell retail versions of the FOX product to libraries. They are after all the distributor to many retail outlets including Borders, Barnes & Noble, and even Amazon. If that is the case I think Midwest Tapes should make the case to FOX that they are allowing their direct competition sell to libraries.

If is it still no go for Midwest Tapes we will seriously consider moving our business to a vendor that can provide the product we want. There is nothing illegal about that.

I'll bet there will be more to follow on this.

All the best,
Myles Jaeschke
Tulsa City-County Library System
Media Collections