Re: [Videolib] FW: New Fox rental/retail policy

From: Jessica Rosner <maddux2014@gmail.com>
Date: Sat Apr 11 2009 - 09:02:43 PDT

You can buy from whoever you choose. It is terrible that Midwest tape which
has tried very hard to cater to the needs of libraries is getting screwed.
At this point it seems only to effect major first run releases from Fox. I
am not sure how wide spread it is likely to become. I expect there will be a
big backlash but not from libraries who alas are not going to be listened to
but from retailers.
I think Netflx in particular is going to be pissed and if I were a studio
whose DVD sales are tanking these are not the people I would piss off.