Re: [Videolib] FW: New Fox rental/retail policy

From: Jessica Rosner <maddux2014@gmail.com>
Date: Fri Apr 10 2009 - 11:07:56 PDT

Well that sucks but to be honest Peter I don't think Midwest Tape etc can
really afford to say they won't buy it now if the libraries said they won't
buy it that might be different. On 2nd thought probably not, only way to
change their mind would be if retailers protested but I won't hold my
breath. What sucks here is treating libraries like Blockbuster & Netflix. I
mean to be fair those guys get such a HUGE discount that I can see Fox
saying , hey for $8.00 a copy we can't afford to give you all those extras
but libraries are paying prices much closer to consumers than big retailers
at least by my math.
I suspect the University Library market which is probably more concerned
about extras might have buy more stuff from Amazon or Deep Discount to get
those editions ( and pay a bit more).

image001.jpg