Re: [Videolib] accessing DVDs for patrons

From: Juliet Dayday <juliet.dayday@artcenter.edu>
Date: Tue Apr 07 2009 - 15:59:18 PDT

Hi Liz,

We keep our media collection (with the exception of a small collection of
out of print/pricey items, which are locked-up in cupboards) out on shelves
in locked cases, with security tape. We do use accession #s (no LC call #)
for our own purposes, however the collection is organized on the shelves
alphabetically. We label the spine with a typed title so that itıs easier to
read.
The patrons love it, however it can be kind of a pain to make space for new
items. Weıve also had some issues with theft, so the locking cases & tattle
tape are more of a way to ³keep honest people honest² - or at least thatıs
what head of security tells me.

Hope this all made sense ­ Iım a bit sleep deprived...

Juliet

--
Juliet Dayday
Cinema Office Manager