[Videolib] HELP! Trapeze plot problem

From: <ruoccop@lislelibrary.org>
Date: Tue Apr 07 2009 - 10:17:59 PDT

Hello,

I'm hoping folks on the list can help me with a patron's question
about a movie he has seen "a couple of time" on late night tv. He
believes it is a film, not sure what time period but "a while ago -
maybe 10 years". He mainly remembers part of the basic plot which is:
a trapze artist has a partner who dies in an accident. He sees a
young girl try to commit suicide by jumping in a river and he fishes
her out. He asks her why she did it and she says she just wants to
die. He tells her "have I got a job for you" and begins training her
for the trapeze.

That's all I've got. I found the episode of The Avengers "Girl on the
Trapeze" and he says that's not it. It is also possible that it's a
foreign film. I've tried IMdb and Videohound, and the film catalog at
UCLA and haven't been able to find much. The only thing I did find
was a film from Hong Kong called "Fei tian nu lang" or "Trapeze
Girl", but so far I haven't found an English summary to see if this
is the film he wants.

I'd really appreciate any ideas you may have.
Thanks,
Patti