[Videolib] Nominating Notables

From: Meghann Matwichuk <mtwchk@UDel.Edu>
Date: Tue Apr 07 2009 - 06:46:03 PDT

Hello All,

Since this question's come up several times recently, I thought I'd send
this information to the list. I am last year's chair of the VRT
Notables Committee; Nora Dimmock, current Chair, is on this listserv as
well -- we can answer any questions folks might have re: the Notables
nomination process. To start with, please read the following:

Criteria for selection of Notable Videos for Adults:

http://www.ala.org/ala/mgrps/rts/vrt/initiatives/notablevideos/notablevideoscriteria.cfm

Specifically:

"I. Nomination Procedure: Titles may be nominated by anyone who has
viewed a title in its entirety, excluding affiliates of distribution or
production companies." Thus, distributors cannot self-nominate titles.
Nominations are accepted from librarians; if a librarian should nominate
one of a distributor's videos, the Committee would be able to consider
the title.

Best,

Meghann Matwichuk, M.S.
Senior Assistant Librarian