Re: [Videolib] Association of Moving Image Archivists

From: Brian E. Davis <tvc15@mac.com>
Date: Tue Apr 07 2009 - 04:26:12 PDT

Good day,

I agree with Dennis' comment and have to say that I was sort of
surprised when I joined the videolib listserv a couple weeks ago and
didn't see any familiar AMIA names in my inbox (with the exception of
Dennis'). I think that much of the separation of the comes from the wide
net of what "media & video services" includes from organization to
organization. Next week I begin a new position supervising High Point
University's Media and Digital Services Department. In addition to
providing access services to our media collection, other services we
offer include video production, graphic design, digital imaging,
multimedia production (Flash animation), audiovisual digitization, large
format printing, etc. That's a very wide range of services to offer,
however, I don't think that we're all that unique in what we provide.

I believe that our collective expertise is certainly something that we
should find new ways to share.

best,
Brian

Brian E. Davis