[Videolib] Association of Moving Image Archivists

From: Dennis Doros <milefilms@gmail.com>
Date: Mon Apr 06 2009 - 17:39:01 PDT

Dear Videolib members,
I was curious why there seems to be so few AV/Media librarians historically
belonging to AMIA (www.amianet.org). After all, preservation and migration
of materials is perhaps the second biggest concern of this group (after
budget/acquisitions) and it's a fairly reasonable membership with a great
conference, listserv and journal. I'd love to hear from all of you to see
how it could be made more attractive. And if you have any questions, I'd be
glad to answer on or off-listserv.

As a member for about ten years and now a Board person (and trust me, I
wouldn't be doing this for any other group), I really believe in this
group's ability to come up with the questions and the knowledge and support
to come up with solutions.

--
Best,
Dennis Doros