Re: [Videolib] Blockbuster to stream via TiVo

Jessica Rosner (maddux2014@gmail.com)
Wed, 1 Apr 2009 17:44:00 -0400

--===============5014198607077662144==

--001636427377ad652d04668536e3

I will believe it when I see it in terms of getting much stuff earlier than
Netflix though each of them have some exclusive deals.

On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 5:33 PM, Nell Chenault <njchenau@vcu.edu> wrote:

> My local Blockbuster manager indicated that they would have titles
> earlier than DVD releases and earlier than competitors (Netflix). Also,
> the stations will be used for more obscure titles not in their store's
> usual inventory. Role out is targeted for locations near
> college/universities.
>
> Nell Chenault
> VCU Libraries
>
> Tom.Ipri@unlv.edu wrote:
> >
> > Speaking of streaming:
> >
> http://www.wired.com/techbiz/media/news/2009/03/reuters_us_tivo_blockbuster
> >
> > Am I correct in understanding that there isn't/won't be much overlap in
> > the Netflix/Amazon/Blockbuster collections? So, if people want a good
> > selection of old and new titles, they would have to subscribe to more
> > than 1 service?
> >
> > Tom
> >
> > _____________________________
> > Tom Ipri, MS
> > Head, Media and Computer Services
> > Lied Library
> > University of Nevada, Las Vegas
> > 4505 S. Maryland Pkwy
> > Box 457035
> > Las Vegas, NV 89154-7035
> > 702-895-2183
> > tom.ipri@unlv.edu

> producers and distributors.

> distributors.

--001636427377ad652d04668536e3

I will believe it when I see it in terms of getting much stuff earlier than=
Netflix though each of them have some exclusive deals.<br><br><div class=
=3D"gmail_quote">On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 5:33 PM, Nell Chenault <span dir=3D=
"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:njchenau@vcu.edu">njchenau@vcu.edu</a>&gt;</spa=
n> wrote:<br>
x #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex;">My local Blockbuster manager indicated that=
they would have titles<br>
earlier than DVD releases and earlier than competitors (Netflix). =A0Also,<=
br>
the stations will be used for more obscure titles not in their store&#39;s<=
br>
usual inventory. =A0Role out is targeted for locations near<br>
college/universities.<br>
Nell Chenault<br>
VCU Libraries<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Speaking of streaming:<br>
&gt; <a href=3D"http://www.wired.com/techbiz/media/news/2009/03/reuters_us_=
tivo_blockbuster" target=3D"_blank">http://www.wired.com/techbiz/media/news=
/2009/03/reuters_us_tivo_blockbuster</a><br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Am I correct in understanding that there isn&#39;t/won&#39;t be much o=
verlap in<br>
&gt; the Netflix/Amazon/Blockbuster collections? So, if people want a good<=
br>
&gt; selection of old and new titles, they would have to subscribe to more<=
br>
&gt; than 1 service?<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Tom<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; _____________________________<br>
&gt; Tom Ipri, MS<br>
&gt; Head, Media and Computer Services<br>
&gt; Lied Library<br>
&gt; University of Nevada, Las Vegas<br>
&gt; 4505 S. Maryland Pkwy<br>
&gt; Box 457035<br>
&gt; Las Vegas, NV 89154-7035<br>
&gt; 702-895-2183<br>
&gt; <a href=3D"mailto:tom.ipri@unlv.edu">tom.ipri@unlv.edu</a><br>
&gt;<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; ----------------------------------------------------------------------=
--<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; VIDEOLIB is intended to encourage the broad and lively discussion of i=
ssues relating to the selection, evaluation, acquisition,bibliographic cont=
rol, preservation, and use of current and evolving video formats in librari=
es and related institutions. It is hoped that the list will serve as an eff=
ective working tool for video librarians, as well as a channel of communica=
tion between libraries,educational institutions, and video producers and di=
stributors.<br>

--===============5014198607077662144==--