Re: [Videolib] Warner Archive Releases

Alex Williams (alex@typecastfilms.com)
Wed, 25 Mar 2009 10:08:13 -0700

--===============0102992627846734582==

This is the first I've heard of this. I sold off my large personal VHS collection of classic films just over a year ago, figuring I'd eventually be able to replace all of those titles on DVD... but was starting to worry it would never happen. But quite a few of those are in this first batch of 151... looking forward to learning what else WB will release on DVD.

this really made my day—thanks!

Best,
Alex O. Williams
AFD/Typecast Films
Seattle, WA

www.arabfilm.com | www.typecastfilms.com

From: "Chris Lewis" <clewis@american.edu>
To: <videolib@lists.berkeley.edu>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 08:00:43 -0700
Subject: Re: [Videolib] Warner Archive Releases

How they arrive at the number doesn't make a lot of sense but this Variety article says Warners will be releasing as many as 5000 titles in all:
http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118001496.html?categoryid=1009&cs=1

On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 10:37 AM, Jaeschke, Myles <mjaesch@tulsalibrary.org> wrote:

Hello all,

I want to revisit for a moment our discussion of films that were once available on VHS that have never come out on DVD.  Warner Bros has just released several titles that have not made it to DVD until now.  Unfortunately they are only available though Warner Bros. website only. L

http://www.wbshop.com/Warner-Archive/EXCLARCHIVE,default,sc.html

There are some great titles in there though…

Abe Lincoln in Illinois

King of the Roaring Twenties

Heroes for Sale

The Mating Game

There are plenty of others too.  I just wish they could be purchased a bit easier.  Credit card orders can be a real hassle as many of you probably know.

All the best,

Myles Jaeschke

Tulsa City-County Library System

Media Collections

--
Chris Lewis
Media Librarian

"Never write when you can talk. Never talk when you can nod. And never put anything in an e-mail."   - Eliot Spitzer on Secrets of Success

--===============0102992627846734582== Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Disposition: inline VIDEOLIB is intended to encourage the broad and lively discussion of issues relating to the selection, evaluation, acquisition,bibliographic control, preservation, and use of current and evolving video formats in libraries and related institutions. It is hoped that the list will serve as an effective working tool for video librarians, as well as a channel of communication between libraries,educational institutions, and video producers and distributors. --===============0102992627846734582==--